Wednesday 21 December 2011

The phobia of having phobias.

There are those times in our lives when we all get scared of something.  Some people get it more than others, and some people are rarely scared of anything; well on the outside anyway, on the inside they could well be shitting themselves. I have found that since a very young age, I have many phobias. These vary in what they're about, and to be totally honest, I hate having them. But then again, so do most people. They don't strive to stop us in our daily lives but sometimes they tend to get in the way.

My biggest issue is Claustrophobia. And boy do I get it - even on the littlest things. I'm not saying, like before, that it stops me from going to college for example, or acting in a play, but there are some moments  when it just takes the piss. When I was younger, I used to have the same recurring nightmare, at least twice a month, where I would find myself in a dark room, but the room was barely big enough for me to fit in. I'd awake boiling hot, flustered and scared that my room was like it too. Luckily for me, I don't get that dream any more, but I still have ones like it.

Another is spiders, and I really do hate them with a passion, whether it be the little fuckers, or the big bastards that stand still for hours on end, staring at you with their eight beady eyes. I'm not saying I've had a staring context with one for hours; I think I might of walked away, or at least attempted to kill the bitch, but they really do creep me out. It's the fact that they have eight hairy, little legs that scuttle around intensely quick and they dart in and out of furniture. Errgghhhh, I hate the thought of them!

Great bunch of friends - I'm the one crouched in grey at the front. 

One thing I love about the year is Hallowe'en, and how much fun you can have dressing up, having fun and scaring people. This year, I went to Thorpe Park Fright Night with a group of my college buddies, and we did it all - the rides in the dark, the dressing up and scaring people, even the horror mazes. Well, tell a lie, I did one of the mazes; Saw Alive. Because, and I'll be totally honest here, I shat myself from the word 'GO'. I hate the feeling of people with limbs hanging off, and blood oozing from their eyes, touching me, whispering in my ear "I'm going to chop you up into little pieces!" As soon as I walked into the first corridor, barely wide enough for two people side by side, that was it. I hated it! Claustrophobia the Bitch had struck again! And people mock me for this, for being "a pussy", and let me tell you readers, I don't care. It's my problem, so let me deal with it is what I say. 

All I can say is, I'm nearly Eighteen, and I'm still comfortable with admitting my fears. People shouldn't be afraid what they're scared of - as it's just another addition to what makes each and every one of us unique. Bring on 2012 I say, and I hope that at some point I'll get the chance to overcome several of my fears.

Rant over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!