Tuesday 20 December 2011

The English way of life.



   Tea. The typical English drink of the 'posh tot'. But how the hell it's widely known as an English drink, rather than its East and South Asia origin, I'll never know. Me, I've been brought up on the stuff, not saying I'm a 'posh tot' or anything, I just love it. And I love any sort of tea, whether it be a nice relaxing mint tea, a spicy fruit tea, or just the plain bog standard, always the best, tea. Best couple on earth, Earl and Lady Grey. Love 'em both. Threesome - Yes please.
   The English, and I'm proud to be of that origin, are a weird bunch. Fashion, food and dialects are thrown asunder in the United Kingdom and the range of everything, up and down the country, is just bizarre. I'm Sussex born and bred, and have a slightly posh accent; always have, always will. And it's nice to know that we 'English' are known for many things... 


Now contrary to what Cousin Avi suggests, it's not just London that is like this. England is known world wide for its shit weather. We rarely have a summer, and can we really say we have a winter and a white christmas either. Its rain and sludge - poxy Britain. Tea, like above, is usually linked to us, and that's because we f**king love it! Mary Poppins, god bless her, speaks with the typical Queens English; or BBC English as it's commonly referred to. And she was able to fly with her enchanted umbrella, magical bitch. And the food, well what can I say about food. The food in England is of its own taste. Compared to the noodles and curries and pastas of the rest of the world, British food will always be... unique; fish and chips, sausage and mash, and the legendary 'Sunday Roast' - the hallmark of Britain. 

But still, this is what makes us special. Makes us unique. And I'm proud to be British.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!