Friday 16 December 2011

A bit of christmas spirit.


"Here comes Santa Claus, Here comes Santa Claus, Right down Santa Claus Lane, Vixen and Blitzen and all his reindeer pullin' on the reins. Bells are ringin', children singin', All is merry and bright. So hang your stockings and say your prayers, 'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight."

   So here we have it, nine days till the big Christmas 2011. NINE days, and then it's been 365 days since Christmas 2010! Why the hell do the years have to fly by these days? Time has decided to speed itself up since the human race entered the 'naughties', and we never have time for anything anymore. 
   The weather has been crap recently; absolute tosh, and apparently it's been predicted to snow later on today (bearing in mind I'm writing this is 2am) and to be quite honest, it couldn't make anything any better in the slightest; the rain that has dripped-dropped from the heavens is something that could be compared to the monsoons of Vietnam. Streams of ice cold liquid running down the centre of roads and along pavements; Britain's very own rice-paddy.
   Christmas presents have been bought, and I really need to sort out some time, if I can find it, to wrap the buggers up and stash them somewhere out of reach from the younger sisters. It's always a hard thing, choosing christmas presents for family members and friends, don't you agree? We will never be able to predict if someone else has got the same present for another as you have, and if that is the case, you want that person to keep YOURS, in the hope they have more love for you.
   Putting the christmas tree up is a family tradition in many households across the world. This year, for the first year running, I did not participate in the merry ritual. Instead I chose to sit at my desk, with a cup of tea at my side, and a 3000 word essay in front of me; glaring at me with angst and hatred burrowing deep into my pupils; "You will never complete me!" It scribbled. But it's done now, or at least a first draft of it is done, top notch standard has not been hit yet... but it'll get there, soon enough. 
   With only these nine days to go, the streets are getting cramped. I'm glad everything is sorted now. I just hope my work shifts over the festive period fly by...

Whoops, there goes me; wishing my time away.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!