Thursday 1 December 2011

I'd never judge a book by its movie...


It's a funny thing, how we have a lust for reading; it's that sense of freedom in a book that you don't get anywhere else - they take you to places you'd only dream of going. It's also funny how, if we read a book, then a big time movie company release an adaptation of it, we mar the film. Some movie adaptions are brilliant; Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Godfather etc. I find that if done correctly, a 'book-movie' can be phenomenal; wrestling with our emotions on many different levels (See my previous post about movies.)
   I read an awful lot. I can get through a book of 300 pages in just over a day. I love literature. Harry Potter series - Check! Read it seven times now. Lord of the Rings trilogy - Check! Only three times, but they are hard-going books. I love individual books too; the ones that aren't any part of a series, who's author is still relatively unknown to the world. One set of books I promised myself I'd never read were the Twilight books - by the way; I refuse to call them a Saga because there aren't six of them, they are a Quadrilogy seeing as though there are four books.
   Last night, me and my other half went to the cinema to see 'Breaking Dawn', the latest and last part of the Twilight QUADRILOGY... and I loved it. I was hooked for the entire two hours. I'm sad to say that it got to the end of the film, and I was, and still am, desperate to find out what happens in Part Two; released later next year.
I'm now reading the books.
                  Promise failed.

I even posted about it on my twitter for everybody to see. So bear with me guys, as I'm about to get my head around the fact this girl wants some lovin' from both a bloodsucker, and a hairy beast.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!