Monday 12 December 2011

“The greatest gift is a passion for reading.”


Another post about how much I read, and how each book I read is completely and utterly unrelated in context and genre to the previous.

Take the three books you see above; Ian McEwan's 'Atonement' - a masterpiece in written form, with a bit of a let down film. 'Breaking Dawn' by Stephanie Meyer; if you haven't read my previous post regarding the Twilight QUADRILOGY, then read it here. And finally, Sylvia Plath's 'The Bell Jar' which, my I add, has had me sleepless for nights and pieces have left me mentally scarred for several years. These books are three totally unrelated pieces of literature that I find, with the exception of 'Bell Jar', a pleasure to read. And I'm reading them all at the same time... well I was.


Here we have my bible, which you can see me unwrapping here. My guide to the beautiful locations of Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and the rest of southeastern Asia. This now has taken priority over the other three books, and I'm looking forward to getting my thinking cap around it. I have known where I want to go for quite a while now, and I thought that a cheeky little guide may help me get some ideas on where to go and where to stay and what to see etc - £10 on waterstones.com BARGAIN!

Well guys, thanks for giving your time to read this; I'm now climbing into bed, with a cup of tea, and getting started! Night all x

Rant Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!