Sunday 4 December 2011

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Copyright Jackson Tigwell © 

For us, the best time is always yesterday. The ideal museum for me would feature a pyramid of original Sunny D-elight!, old Thomas the Tank VHS tapes and a small dented box of half bitten lego bricks - you know the kind; when you couldn't get one off another, and resolved it by biting it off, etching several teeth marks into the side. Good memories. 
   We love remembering our childhoods'. Reminiscing about TV shows we used to watch and what songs we used to sing in the car with our 'rents, makes us feel happy, if slightly sad. But we know that we can never go back to those days, and it hurts doesn't it? Knowing that we can't. It's human nature to want to return to a distant memory, and unfortunately we can't do that... unless a Time-travelling DeLorean is invented any time soon.
   Take the boat above; I bet it used to be a speedy little number in its' hay-day. I found it on the 22nd August, washed up onto this little beach, along the edge of Loch Affric in the Scottish Highlands, and it was still in tact, aside from a few holes in the bottom. Imagine if this boat had a mind, and we were able to find out what it had seen, what it had done. It'd be fascinating! Do this if you get bored; give an inanimate object a mind and picture what it had seen. I have been known to do this - sad-act.

Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. Another amazing post!
    My personal museum would consist of my old cassette player, a pack of Uno cards and countless broken Tamagotchis. I LOVE a bit of nostalgia! Also, that photo is a beaut. I'll have to try and give inanimate objects personalities and memories now... x

    ReplyDelete

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!