Saturday 3 December 2011

"Knowing me, knowing you..."

‎"Your story is a christmas fairytale isn't it?
 You're Gordon Hansel and Liz Gretel... allow me if you will,
to be Hans Christian Alan-Partridgeson?" - Alan Partridge

"Comedy, as a popular meaning, is any humorous discourse or work generally intended to amuse by creating laughter especially in television, film, and stand-up comedy."
   My sense of comedy is a pretty strange one. In the case where I encounter a lonely night-in with some munch and fizzy drinks, where people would usually tune in to 'Live at the Apollo' or watch some hilarious TV series, I'm lying there chuckling to Alan Partridge and Rowan Atkinson. These two are but two of my favourite comedians of all time; they know exactly where my funny bone is and how to hit it spot on! The nineties - days where politics was a laughing stock, religion was mocked and the theme tunes and editing were a shambles. But that is what made it so good!
   For centuries, comedy has always been a way to entertain and to cheer people up from the hard grind. For me, being a comedy actor, I have always taken interest in humour; it's my life-force, and one of my lifelong ambitions is to get up in front of a large crowd, and just purely make them laugh; I intend to live forever - so far, so good. When I joke about around my friends and in class, and the reactions I get give me an energy boost, another one of my infamous 'permanent highs'. I love writing humour, and making people laugh; I feel it is my mission in life. I'm not one of those army nuts - all it is is you meeting interesting people, and killing them - I just think of myself as a big kid when it comes to jokes. 
"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."
Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!