Tuesday 29 November 2011

Yes, I get emotional at films.


We all like watching films - Going to the cinema, lounging back munching on some sweet popcorn (salted for those that way inclined) and watching a blockbuster; it's part of our lifestyle. I find films so engrossing, so interesting that their plot and characters stick in my mind.
   So we've established we like the cinema. We can also establish the fact that we hate the cinema when some seven foot string bean comes and, out of the whole auditorium, chooses to sit smack-bang in front of us. Why does he feel this is necessary?! Can't he see that some of us are of small stature? At this point, I'm referring to you the public, because at six foot two, I'm slowly edging into this 'annoying string bean' category.
   My main rant today is about how films can touch our emotions on so many different levels. Me, for instance; I get emotional at the endings of several films. The end of the Star wars saga; when Luke is reunited with the 'Anakin Skywalker' side of his father - it's such a brilliant ending. So don't judge me when I say I do shed a tear to this. The ending of King Kong, when Kong dies - Jheez! You get so attached to him, then he goes and falls off one of the tallest buildings in the world. He falls and falls and falls and BANG; I'm left saddened.
   What I want to know, is that am I the only one in this boat? Anyone else feel the slow drift of emotional tide rushing through them towards the end of a good film?

Rant over.

2 comments:

  1. I pretty much cry at the end of most films! a few include the notebook, titanic, the lion king, elizabeth town, the last harry potter (simply because it was the last!) and cinderella!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the beloved Mr Potter series... very sad times. At least I'm not the only one in the boat then :)

    ReplyDelete

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!