Thursday 3 November 2011

'Tis the season to be jolly...

Well look, it's nearly winter... oh crap, that means snow.

For generations, people have grown up dreaming of that festive "white christmas" and for many, it never came. It had grown into a near myth. They got a few flakes of the white crunchiness and they were happy. But lately, over the past three or so years, we have been getting snow. And snow we have been getting! It comes, then never goes. It falls and falls and falls and falls and lays and lays and lays and we slip, and the postman slips and all the cars go crash bang alakazam... What on earth happened?

... Global warming happened.

Its pretty straight forward.
         1) The snow comes around late November and we bask in its amazing 'whiteness'
         2) We play, dance, sing and frolic in the snow
         3) Start getting cold and grumpy
     
By the time we get to 4, it's mid/late December, everybody hates it and the snow has been trodden down so much that it is now what we call an "Extreme Road Hazard"... or its scientific name - Ice.



We will never get a 'white christmas' as it seems to always be a 'grey miserable christmas'.

Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I concur with this Winter Rant. So sadly true. :( My buttocks is anticipating the inevitable fallings onto that are coming its way this winter. I wish I was a proper cat and always landed on my feet. Good ranting though, Tigwell. ~Cat x

    ReplyDelete

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!