Tuesday 1 November 2011

Hallow'been and gone...

Right, this is my first post... can you see this? Oh stuff it, as long as I can see it, then that's all that matters to me.

Didn't Hallowe'en come round quick? Not only that, but the celebrations for it seemed to stretch on for an eternity, long before the day itself - and then as soon as the scariest night of the year beckons at our doorways, in the form of snotty-nosed kids dressed in cheap tatty ASDA price rags, it's over.

I myself had two costumes this hallowe'en; A) A rip off Hunter from the console game Left4Dead, and B) A scary Joker in a trench coat who looked more like a pedophile on a 'treating-spree'...
The white tie made me seem Russian Mafia-esque.

I hardly drunk, all but two cans of cider, and even that is not enough to make me a convincing supposed batman-style pedophile. I chilled out mainly listening to 50's blues and jazz for the majority of the evening. But one thing that really did get to me these past couple of days... The cheek of old people on this sugar-fest for children!

I have two younger sisters who were both raring to dress up, go out and rob other families of their diabetes-enducing treats, and the night before Hallowe'en, when they were preparing their costumes, our next door neighbour knocks on the door. I let my mother answer the door 'cause I'm not good with dealing with the local oldies, and when she did, the old fella chatted for a while before preceding to hand the girls a bag of haribo each - followed by the line "Here you go girls, these are so you don't have to come round and bother us tomorrow" ...

          Let us take that back one more time...

   "Here you go girls, these are so you don't have to come round and bother us tomorrow"

Little bit of background information for you readers; my sisters are eight and love Hallowe'en. Our neighbours, both around the region of 'moody-old-farts', obviously have a secret hatred for the younger generation of the road, because on any other day, they are quite pleasant to my siblings, but because it is a time for children to raid the cupboards of other persons, they now don't want them to "bother" them. 

Come say that to me you grumpy old turd, and I'll show you what Hallowe'en is really about... mainly me throwing several local eggs through your bedroom window and a bag of fresh dog sh*t on your doorstep.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!