Friday 25 November 2011

We all wanna be superheroes right?


During my absence; my two days illness, I have thought about many things while lying in bed with a rampant headache, and stomach pains that could hinder a three-legged donkey.

Money. Food. Peace. Love. Super powers.

I'm writing this whilst still lying in bed, under the heavy influence of warm ribena and toast. You see, and we all think about this at some point in our lives - I want to be a superhero.

The thought of flying across the sky, with no limits. The thought of swimming underwater, and not drowning. The thought of seeing through walls. It's all mind-boggling. And it's very easy to get lost in these thoughts, especially when you're lying here like me - ill, weak, and incredibly hungry. The human being is born with the instinct to change. To change his or hers life, maybe other peoples lives. You see, I have this problem where when I'm walking somewhere, and I've got my music plugged in, I fuck off to some other exotic country; I picture myself flying around with a set of wings on my back, swooping down, picking up wankers, and dropping them from a small height, never meaning to kill anyone... only meaning to maim or seriously injure - thank you Dobby for that quote.

I lay here now, and think "what would it be like if I had superFAST powers?" Being superfast would be A-ma-zing! I could get essays done in the click of a finger. Cook in seconds and get anywhere in an instant. It seems to me that God chose to make us human beings as plain as he possibly could, though each of us is certainly unique. I just find it hard to believe that superpowers don't exist?!

You hearin' me?

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!