Thursday 3 November 2011

Now this is random... Game Music

Now this is something that has always affected me, and I reckon it always will - and I really hope that all you hardcore old school handheld gamers out there get this too. As you well know, the latest soundtracks to come out with games are all variated; Hardcore metal, dance, rock, pop... but you know what will never be forgotten... Handheld 8-bit soundtracks! <3

I just get that feeling whenever I hear a soundtrack to an old game I used to thumb away at on my gameboy or DS... My heart and head explode with nostalgia! We all remember those days, where games would take you an age to complete, if you ever did complete them and you could be so engrossed in something so small and less advanced in graphics - Well they were the best graphics ever in those days, compared to now :( 

Told you it was horny...
What were your favourite games? Mine were the original Pokemons, right up to Ruby & Sapphire. Who'd of thought that running around in the grass trying to catch an incredibly horny Metapod, who always seemed to get hard at the sight of you, was so thrilling?! But it was, and a big reason why... the music! Because we used to get so involved with these games, their soundtracks became engraved into our minds and, well, they became part of our lives.



But there is something so strange about that unique '8-bit' sound that stays with us. Take this for example; the original Pokemon battle music - PURE BLISS! Especially at 0:55 onwards... Pokemon Red, Yellow, Blue Battle Music

I'm going to move swiftly on from the delightful little pocket monsters, and onto a personal favourite of mine - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney <3
      This game, my first game on the DS, was so good. Being able to become an attorney; investigating, examining and questioning witnesses, it was brilliant! It took me ages to complete because I got so involved (like we all do with certain games) and again, the music just brought it to a whole new level, like this... Ace Attorney - Turnabout Sisters.

About a year ago, I began to miss these golden days so much, that I went out and bought an old gameboy colour, along with a few Pokemon games and re-bought Ace Attorney (which I now play on my sisters DS.)

I became happy once more.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!