Thursday 10 November 2011

I like the idea of tweed.

This, my friends, has been in the making a number of days now, and I finally feel like I can tell all.

*Be warned, I have just been asleep for 15 minutes or so, meaning my writing may not make sense at some points*

The other day, whilst sitting in a slow-moving english lesson, I, along with some pals, discovered that I would make a pretty decent teacher. Not only that, but a teacher of literature. I came up with the idea of teaching 'modern literature' such as Harry Potter. Then it struck me... why not lecture JRR Tolkein's Lord Of The Rings?! It's perfect - a massive open world with thousands of characters and ideas. 

I then perhaps thought about it in too much detail; How I'd look. My teaching style etc. 

I'll pitch you my idea... 

Maybe without the hunting rifle? -_-
I'd sit there, in my padded desk chair, in a green tweed jacket, matching waistcoat and trousers to fit. A monocle on one eye, and a small glass of brandy in my right hand, with a pipe sitting neatly between my lips. 

"Morning class! Right, straight to work. Discuss the reason for hobbits and their hairy feet. 3000 words. Go."

In hindsight, the way I would dress and my teaching style may be a little prehistoric for students of the modern day, and sipping brandy in a glass - just wouldn't happen. But moving swiftly on. 

At the end of a hard days teaching, I'd return home to my little hobbit hole, in 'Downtown Middle Earth' which is suitably located just under the equator. Not south. But just underneath the equators line. In a hole. Don't mind me.

I really think, with a few tweaks, I could do this in later life. What do you think? How about a fictional diary in the meantime to bring my posher-self to life? 

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!