Thursday 3 November 2011

Chart Music... Is it that good?


If you ask me, most of todays chart music is, how do I put this, to an acquired taste. Mostly people who are open to listen to anything the industry throws at them, or horny schoolgirls 'completely and utterly in love' with the latest rapper or pre-pubesant boy-wonder!

What happened to the golden day of jazz, blues and country? These were the days of true music - Music played live in front of a small club, smokey atmosphere and a few drinks at the bar. I admit I wasn't alive in these days, but who's to say I can't dream? I'm very one way about my music, it's either 50's Jazz or House/Dance music. Yeah, they're totally in the opposite direction, but they both have something about them that really touches me inside;
                   Jazz music has that natural, chilled out tone to it that shows the real skill of the singer and band. They're doing it themselves... No autotune. They can actually sing!
                   House music rarely has singing, but it's not the skill of the singer I'm worried about - its the skill of the DJ. They too are doing it themselves and they make they're own personal sound distinctive from every other DJ out there.

I'm a big lover of console gaming, and I currently own a big chunky Xbox360 and as of a year ago, I fell in love with the game Fallout. Now this is the part where all you 'non-gaming' readers go "Boring!" but hear me out - A big reason why I love this game is 'cause I can walk around the desert shooting at giant mutated ants, but not only that - I can listen to 50's jazz & blues while doing it. The in-game soundtrack is possibly the greatest soundtrack a game could have been given, because its not some 'button-mash' hardcore-metal driven carnage; you really get time to admire the game and the music.
Backstory - A nuclear war has raged on for over two hundred years, and the world is still stuck in the 1950's. Now set in the year 2281, peoples fashion, style and way of life are still in the old world...
                                            I've never wanted to be in a game as much as I do this one!

Sorry about that little diversion, back to the rant...
Everybody on this earth has they're own opinion on music. For people it's a hobby. A way of life. Part of their culture.

Me. Its all three.

I miss the days of old when music was in its true brilliance.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinions and views of my blog are the most important thing to me - so please, go ahead and give me some feedback. Cheers guys!